Have More Food from your Garden
than You Can Eat or Put Up?
Consider donating your surplus to one of the follow programs:
Community Outreach Inc. 865 NW Reiman Ave., Corvallis. Shelter and food pantry. 8 am-7pm Mon-Fri. Call ahead to donate • 541-758-3000
Jackson Street Youth Shelter 555 NW Jackson Ave.
Open 24/7. Call ahead to donate • 541-754-2404
Jammin’ for the Hungry Fresh or frozen fruit only.
Call for locations and times. Sara Power • 541-231-6772
Marys River Gleaners at Pioneer Park(south of Philomath Blvd between 15th St. and downtown exit). Fri. 8 am-2:30 pm, Sat. 9:30 am-1:30 pm. Cookie Johnson • 541-497-9019
Neighbor to Neighbor (Philomath) College United Methodist Church (Social Hall), 1123 Main St, Philomath. Dinner: 5:30-6:30 pm Glenda • 541-929-2412 or 541-929-6614
OSU Emergency Food Pantry Call ahead to donate and for directions. 541-737-3747 or 541-737-3473
Don’t Waste Food
Forty percentof all food is wasted in the United States. Think about the energy waste that goes along with that! What’s more, much food waste can be eliminated.
What to Do
Food waste starts in the garden.
· Pick produce when it’s ready.
· When you bring it home, store it properly so that it doesn’t spoil.
· Keep an eye on what’s in the back of the fridge.
· Plan meals carefully to use up food before it goes bad.
· If you do have to toss food, put it on the compost pile or in the yard waste bin, if allowed, not in the trash.
· So either share food with your friends or donate it.
More places to donate food will be posted next month.
to find out more info!